Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, WJCarpenter wrote:

> > other than the fact that you haven't received a response.
>
> Yeah, but .... we're not talking about the lack of a response. We're
> talking about an out of office message or similar. You don't have to
> infer anything from that ... it comes right out an tells you.

Esther was talking about what she infers from getting neither an OoO, nor
a prompt response to her message,

My argument is simply that that inference, while understandable, does not
take into account the other possibilities.

Jethro,

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK