[exim] Mail relaying

Author: sal983
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Mail relaying

Hello,

Hope you are all fine.

I am very much desperate while posting this query ... Expecting your helps
and support to solve the issue ASAP ...

We had implemented a gateway mail server ( Running Exim 4.68 Ver ) to
reduce the spam mails to our traditional "Groupwise" mail server, and was
working fine till last week. ie mail to our domain ( let me call "test.com"
) is hitting the exim mail server first and delivering to groupwise
mailsever one it is filtered.
The following are the code fragment from our exim.conf, where we are routing
the filtered mails to the IP 192.168.1.3.

internal:
  driver = manualroute
  domains =test.com             //Relaying allowed only from test.com
  transport = spamcheck
  route_data= 192.168.1.3

As all mail accounts are residing in our groupwise mail server , I am not
able ( Due to my ignorance :( ) to enable smtp authentication for the
users. So now anyone can relay the mails ( But there account should be
*@test.com ) to through exim mail server to other mail server. many of the
spammers are misusing the vulnerability to send spam through our mail
server.

How can I solve the issue?
is LDAP authentication is a good IDEA?
if yes, how can i enable LDAP authentication in my exim mail server?

Any help would be great appreciable.

Thanks,
Muhammed Afsal K.S