Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80
(On-list, please)
(Please don't top-post)

On 02/01/2008, Tobias Marx <superoverdrive@???> wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:06:14 +0000
> > Von: "Peter Bowyer" <peter@???>
> > An: "exim users" <exim-users@???>
> > Betreff: Re: [exim] exim4 is blocking port 80
>
> > On 02/01/2008, Tobias Marx <superoverdrive@???> wrote:
> > > I currently now have the effect again:
> > >
> > > The webserver is so slow I have just stopped Apache.
> >
> > So this sounds like the Apache / mod_php bug referred to in the Debian
> > bug that Marc H posted earlier in the thread....
> >
> > --
>
> Could exim4 not (in theory) kill itself automatically in such a case?

Depends what case... the Debian bug discussion points the finger at
Apache, specifically mod_php and/or FastCGI as the culprit, have you
tried there for a resolution?

If your web appliction is indeed invoking Exim (as sendmail), you
might try telling it to send SMTP instead - this would avoid Apache
spawning Exim altogether.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer