Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheri
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008, I wrote:
>

>> Having said that, there is only one use of %n in pcregrep, and none
>> anywhere else in the PCRE package. As it happens, it is a particularly
>> simple usage to remove, so I will do so.
>>

> I have committed a new version of pcregrep.c with this very small patch.
> It works on Linux. The code is exercised only when you run
>
> pcregrep --help
>
> (It's used when calculating the width of an option listing.)
>
> Philip

Ok, I re-made pcregrep under both Msys/mingw and Visual Studio. Both run
without crashing.

The one made under Msys/mingw (as before) is partially functional, but
the one built in Visual Studio is much more limited.

The Visual Studio one is not accepting any glob type file names at all.
All of the following say they are invalid arguments:

*
*.txt
*.*
???????.txt

All of the above except the one with question marks work in the one
built with Msys/mingw. (the one with the question marks above would
normally refer to any exactly seven-letter .txt file name on Windows.)
The one built in Msys/mingw works in both the Windows command
environment as well as the Msys (unix-like) environment.

If told to recurse, the one built in Msys will recurse one level only.
If the subdirectories have their own subdirectories they are not
searched. Does it recurse deeper on Linux?

The one built with Visual Studio, if I give it one complete file name,
it does search that one file and display the found text. It seems a
complete existing file name is the only valid file name argument.

I'd love to see it work properly; would be happy to relay any
intermediate type results you'd need to see to fix it if and when you
ever feel like tackling it.

Regards,
Sheri