Re: [exim] Setting ACL variable to a random string

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Florian Weimer, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Setting ACL variable to a random string
On 2007-12-31 at 06:02 -0800, Phil Pennock wrote:
> The timestamp in $message_exim_id is that of the time taken after DATA
> is received and responded to and Exim is about to start receiving the
> message. Exim doesn't have any variables for things like "current
> time", so you can't fake it without adding time fetchers in.

Since Mike Cardwell just proved me very wrong (and I even use $tod_*
variables in my own config; doh): you can get the first part of how Exim
would do this with: ${base62:$tod_epoch}-${base62:$pid}. The third part
uses $localhost_number and sub-second resolution time. Mix in as Mike
suggests for that.

Mike: thanks.
Me: bedtime

Regards,