Re: [exim-dev] DKIM support

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Tom Kistner, exim-dev
New-Topics: Re: [exim-dev] DKIM support
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] DKIM support
Phil Pennock schrieb:

> I'll argue that whichever it is, it is also a mis-feature.

Right. The "problem" is in the way how signing is implemented in the
transport (redirecting the SMTP DATA output stream to an extra fd).
While it would be possible to chain both functions, performance would
really suffer. I'd need to merge both functions and calculate both
hashes at the same time. I can't promise any progress before end of
next week though.

> Besides presenting a use-case and rationale, as I've just done, what can
> I do to help?

Play the guinea pig with a tarball that I'll send over. :)

/tom