Re: [exim] Problem with host request ratio

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with host request ratio
On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 04:51:45PM +0100, Mats Bäckström wrote:
> We route most of our domains through a spam server when it comes to e-mails.
> However, from some of our mailservers we get the following message:
>
> 12/27/07 00:35:13:515 -- (2024) server error - mail.domain.com said: The
> server has reached its limit for processing requests from your host. --
> Please try again later. -- - message queued - sender@???
>
> When checking the exim.conf file I find the corresponding lines that send
> this message. However, is there a way to get the exim server to "ignore" our
> spam server for the host ratio?

So are you saying that the server mail.domain.com (the one which spits out the
error) is an Exim server under your control? If so, the answer to your
question is "yes", as long as the server can identify which connections come
from the spam server.

For example, if your spam server has a static IP address, you could add a
"hosts" condition to the ACL which generates the error:

hosts = !spamserver.example.com

See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch40.html#SECTaclconditions
for more.

If you need more help, please show us the section of your configuration which
generates the error.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/