Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate
Sheri wrote:
> Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>> The new options work for me on a Linux system. I have no way of testing
>> that they work on Windows (assuming that the libreadline, libz, and
>> libbz2 libraries are available on Windows). If anyone can test this,
>> please do! Checking that the basic build works without the new options
>> would also be useful.
>>

> No doubt this shouldn't be expected to work. I should probably be
> building readline myself.
>
> But I got Binaries, Developer Files and Documentation files here:
>
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/readline.htm
>
> First I tried just putting Readline5.dll and History5.dll into my build
> directory. Make complained that it couldn't find readline/readline.h or
> readline/history.h
>
> So I copied the readline directory from the Developer files into my
> build directory.
>
> Now make complained, cannot find -lreadline
>
> So I renamed readline5.dll and history5.dll to readline.dll and
> history.dll respectively.
>
> Make completed.
>
> Tried to run pcretest. It complained that it couldn't find
> readline5.dll. So I renamed readline.dll and history.dll to
> readline5.dll and history5.dll.
>
> Now pcretest --help runs and reports that it will use readline if input
> is a terminal.
>
> Because of the naming descrepancies I doubted it would really work.
>
> I ran runtest.bat and got numerous failures in all but tests 1, 2, 3, 7
> and 10.
>
> I did think all of runtest.bat would work as before (since input is
> files not terminal), but obviously not.
>
> Regards,
> Sheri

I tried building my own readline in Msys (downloaded current version
5.2) but I ran into problems with undefined references (something like
undefined reference to tput)

So I went back to the 5.0 windows binaries I had previously downloaded.
Rebuilt pcre in Msys using cmakesetup to create a verbose makefile,
including my usual options (plus enable readline support). After it
bombed trying to link pcretest to readline.dll, I manually linked
pcretest to readline5.dll instead. Runtest.bat still gets all the
failures previously noted. Does Runtest.bat achieve expected results on
Linux and other non-Windows OS's when readline support is enabled? As
before, only tests 1, 2, 3, 7 and 10 are free of exceptions here.

Regards,
Sheri