[exim] Exim verify recipients not working

Author: A.smith
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim verify recipients not working
Hi List,

We have had a complaint from a user that they are recieving a lot of
spoofed
undeliverable email messages, the user in question catches all email to
unkown
addresses for his domain.
I've been reading up on this from what I could find here and on google and
it seems
that I should have to configure "verify = recipient" to ensure that email
being
received by my mail server is addressed to a real existing email address
(receiver_verify in exim 3.x i believe). However I checked and this is
already set
(as shown below) in the configure file.
Can someone help me understand whats going on and what I can do to block
these
mails pls?? Much aprecieated,

cheers Andy.

    ## Accept local_domains
    ##  - but only if the recipient can be validated
    accept
        domains       = +local_domains
        endpass
        verify        = recipient

    ## Accept local_domains
    ##  - but only if the recipient can be validated
    accept
        domains       = +local_domains
        endpass
        verify        = recipient

Message sent using UK Grid Webmail 2.7.9