Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate
Philip Hazel wrote:

> The new options work for me on a Linux system. I have no way of testing
> that they work on Windows (assuming that the libreadline, libz, and
> libbz2 libraries are available on Windows). If anyone can test this,
> please do! Checking that the basic build works without the new options
> would also be useful.

No doubt this shouldn't be expected to work. I should probably be
building readline myself.

But I got Binaries, Developer Files and Documentation files here:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/readline.htm

First I tried just putting Readline5.dll and History5.dll into my build
directory. Make complained that it couldn't find readline/readline.h or
readline/history.h

So I copied the readline directory from the Developer files into my
build directory.

Now make complained, cannot find -lreadline

So I renamed readline5.dll and history5.dll to readline.dll and
history.dll respectively.

Make completed.

Tried to run pcretest. It complained that it couldn't find
readline5.dll. So I renamed readline.dll and history.dll to
readline5.dll and history5.dll.

Now pcretest --help runs and reports that it will use readline if input
is a terminal.

Because of the naming descrepancies I doubted it would really work.

I ran runtest.bat and got numerous failures in all but tests 1, 2, 3, 7
and 10.

I did think all of runtest.bat would work as before (since input is
files not terminal), but obviously not.

Regards,
Sheri