[pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
Oggetto: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.5-RC2 Release candidate
I have just put 7.5-RC2 onto the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.5-RC2.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.5-RC2.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Testing/pcre-7.5-RC2.zip

There are no changes to any of the code files from -RC1. There are some
documentation updates, but the main change is that I have tried to
update the CMake files to add new options PCRE_SUPPORT_READLINE,
PCRE_SUPPORT_LIBZ, and PCRE_SUPPORT_LIBBZ2, to match the new
corresponding options of the "configure" build system. I say "tried"
because I am pretty clueless when it comes to understanding CMake.

In order to test this on Linux I had to change the CMake files so that
the libraries it builds are called libpcre and libpcreposix, instead of
just pcre and pcreposix. I think I have done this for Unix-only builds,
leaving them unchanged for Windows. This fixed a bug in CMake when used
on Linux, which was that pcregrep and pcretest were being linked to the
installed libraries, not the newly-built ones (because it assumes the
"lib" prefix when looking for libraries).

The new options work for me on a Linux system. I have no way of testing
that they work on Windows (assuming that the libreadline, libz, and
libbz2 libraries are available on Windows). If anyone can test this,
please do! Checking that the basic build works without the new options
would also be useful.

Happy New Year!

Philip

--