Re: [exim] Building Exim in a VServer

Author: Christian Recktenwald
To: admin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Building Exim in a VServer
On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 02:20:56PM +0100, admin@??? wrote:

> > if I use "nm -D  /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3" I get
> >     0000a710 T inflate
> > => inflate() is present in /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3
> > (other symbols also)

> > So I'd rather assume your setup doesn't try to link libz at all.
>
> Correct, I ran strace with -f and it shows it tries to link to libz.a only.

looks like it tries to link libz statically.

( the libz.a would be in the -dev-packet, anyway )

> Procedure I ran is the same as for host OS and it works fine with host OS.
> It's some sort of problem with minimum setup of Debian as opposed to
> normal installation.

perhaps you may want to take a look at the build dependencies
of the debian exim source package to track that down.

--
Christian Recktenwald      : voice +49 711 601 2091  : Boeblinger Strasse 189
exim-users-dist@???  : fax   +49 711 601 2092  : D-70199 Stuttgart