Re: [exim] Maximum Recipients

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Maximum Recipients
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 02:59:46AM -0600, Matt wrote:
> > > How do you limit the max recipients exim allows a message too have?
> >
> > Search the docs for max_rcpt (global setting), or for $rcpt_count and
> > $recipients_count (which you can use in your RCPT ACL).
>
> So will something like this work?
>
> # Deny if excedes MAX_RCPT
> deny message = More than MAX_RCPT recipients are not allowed!
>         condition = ${if >{$rcpt_count}{MAX_RCPT}}

> Will legitimate mass mailers know to retry with less recipients?

Yes, but you should 'defer' instead of 'deny'. 'defer' indicates to the
sender that they should retry later; 'deny' indicates that the mail should be
bounced.

> Can I limit this rule to only certain IP pools? I would really like to
> apply it only to hosts I relay for. Such as a user of mine gets a
> virus on there PC I want to limit the number of recipients they can
> specify.

Yes; see "hosts" under
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch40.html#SECTaclconditions

You might also be interested in "ratelimit" (to detect when something starts
happening too fast/often); "delay" (to slow the sender down); and "control =
freeze" (to hold the mail on the queue instead of sending it).

Read the documentation as soon as you can - I found it to be probably the
most comprehensive, accurate, and readable software documentation I've ever
read. Thoroughly recommended.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/