Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Patrick von der Hagen, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

--On 19 December 2007 16:13:05 +0100 Patrick von der Hagen
<hagen@???> wrote:

> Ian Eiloart schrieb:
> [...]
>> Even better, if it's suspected spam, reject it. If you get a false
> I agree with all you said, if your legal situation does allow to reject
> it. My situation does not. And if Richard was rejecting suspected spam,
> he would have little reason to worry about OoO in the first place.

I understand that the situation is difficult in Germany, but you're really
not allowed to reject spam? What if you're subject to a denial of service
attack? Are you allowed to switch your servers off?

Anyway, Richard is in the UK, and you're better protected legally here if
you reject an email than if you accept it but fail to act upon it.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex