[exim] is it in- or outging email in the exim-queue, how to …

Author: Ramses Verberne
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] is it in- or outging email in the exim-queue, how to tell?
Hello,

I've got a problem with spam, who doesn't?
I'm using DirectAdmin with exim on board on different RedHat and Centos
systems.
I want to know if a messages in the exim queue are incoming or outgoing.
Is there a way to tell?
Filtering the email id's though the maillogs take far to long to check.

I checked the headers all ready but it doesn't make sense to me.
If a message is spam every in the header could be fake so it still can
be in incomming spam message or an outgoing spam message.

Is there a specific layout for a header information file?
Is there a way to figure out what it means?

Sometime there are 2 more lines above the <> signs:
for example:
-------
1J3YlD-0001ux-ME-H
mail 8 12
-------
The rest looks like this
-------
<>
1197728205 0
-ident mail
-received_protocol local
-body_linecount 112
-allow_unqualified_recipient
-allow_unqualified_sender
-frozen 1197728206
-localerror
XX
1
jr.francis@???

152P Received: from mail by XXXX.nl with local (Exim 4.60)
       id 1J3Xor-0002y3-Lz
       for jr.francis@???; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:16:45 +0100
044  X-Failed-Recipients: postmaster@???
029  Auto-Submitted: auto-replied
068F From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@???>
026T To: jr.francis@???
059  Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
057I Message-Id: <E1J3Xor-0002y3-Lz@???>
038  Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:16:45 +0100

------

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
Ramses