Re: [exim] BATV and sender verification - non-local_domains …

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users, Christopher Meadors
Subject: Re: [exim] BATV and sender verification - non-local_domains situation
On Dec 15, 2007 11:43 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 11:37 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > I have been following this BATV debate and wanted to ask a question about it:
> > I have a setup where Exim sits at the border and Suse Linux Open
> > Xchange (SLOX) sits hidden within the LAN.
> > Exim routes mail to SLOX where all deliveries are done. SLOX is
> > running Posfix and Cyrus (both of which I hate to even touch!)
> > So to Exim, all e-mails are manually routed to SLOX as
> > "relay_to_domains". There are no deliveries required on the Exim box.
> >
> > In such a scenario, can I still implement BATV in Exim?
>
> Yes. You have to make sure _all_ your outgoing and incoming mail goes
> through the border router. But that's kind of the point of a border
> router, so it shouldn't be that much of an imposition.

Well, the SLOX box sends ALL outbound (non-local) via the border
router. It has no way of doing otherwise.

> For outbound traffic, you rewrite user@??? to whatever
> BATV-mangled address you require as usual, and on the way back in you
> mangle it back again. The machine on the inside never needs to know.

Wait a moment! Now, there I am lost!
Do you mean I need rewrite rules specifically for this task, or the
BATV configuration with automagically handle this?
I am clueless as what form my rewrite rules (if any) should take.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

                        --from a /. post