Re: [exim] SQL Server config question

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SQL Server config question
On 11/12/2007, Eli Sand <exim-users@???> wrote:
> > What I'd like to know, in my case host A is a cluster and host b is
> > just a replicated DB for ultimate failure. Does Exim use the sql
> > servers in the order listed? IE Exim will always use host A first as
> > long as it can connect to host A. It will use host B only when host A
> > is down.
>
> That is correct. So long as it can connect to the first server, it always
> uses that one.

Slight correction - so long as it can connect to the first server,
authenticate and successfully execute the query it needs to use. If
any of those fails, it will try the next server.

(NB A query returning no results is still successful - but one that
gives an error because of (eg) a missing table is not)

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???