Re: [exim] expansion string logic

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W. Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] expansion string logic
On 12/5/07 6:36 AM, "Drav Sloan" <holborn-exim@???> wrote:

> Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:
>> First, the {true}{false} inside the first condtion is not correct,
>> just leave it.
>
> That was just me getting desperate :)
>
>> Second, there seems to be a problem with the line breaks (maybe the
>> escaping of '\'). All in a single line or entering the condition
>> interactively gives the correct result.
>
> Yeah after seeing Stephen Grans response, I spotted the only difference
> between his suggestion and what I had been trying was the line breaks.
>
> Oh well, something to note in future.

It is important (to many parsers including Exim's) that the \ which looks
like a continuation thing not have any whitespace after it before the
newline.

So my guess is that (before the spurious {true}{false} was added), there was
a space following one or more of the \s. (In emacs, I go to the longest
continued line, make sure the \ is at the end (right arrow, left arror),
then go up and down through the sequence verifying that the cursor sticks to
the \s.)

--John (who changes his mailing list address when spam becomes
intolerable)