Re: [exim] expansion string logic

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] expansion string logic
Drav Sloan wrote:
> Hi peeps,
>
>    I've been banging my head against a wall and I cannot see what
> I've got wrong. Can anyone spot anything wrong with...

> ./bin/exim -d -be '${if and { \
>    { isip{151.115.203.35}{true}{false} }\
>    { !eq{151.115.203.35}{127.0.0.9} }\
>    }\
> }'

> I eternally get the error:
>
> Failed: each subcondition inside an "and{...}" condition must be
> in its own {}

I can take the condition you supplied (with the {true}{false} taken out)
and stick it in the exim config file without an issue.
The exact same thing on the command line comes up with an amazing number
of different error messages.
Almost seems like the the newlines are not being escaped by the \

If I just use the exim -be command line and type in pretty much anything
over multiple lines it works ok so it's going to boil down to an issue
with shell escaping.

Use the interactive mode to avoid conflicting with your shell.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html