Re: [exim] The next Exim release - will there be one ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Asunto: Re: [exim] The next Exim release - will there be one ?
[Resent - managed to send this originally without copying the list]

I am horridly short of time right now (those that know me will realise
the
horror that the word "pantomime" can entail...).

However I do have an exim 4.69 potential release around, which is
basically a
minor bug fix release.

It would have been around by now except that its just taken me a while
to walk
through the release process and check it through - previously that has
always
been handled by Philip, and too much of it has been stored in his
brain and
difficult to extract.

In the future, development is going to depend on who is contributing
to it.

I am not now a major exim user, and therefore not a major exim
developer - my
enthusiasm for such things is driven very much by scratching the
itches I
have, and as now a minor exim user I don't tend to need much changing.

I have a few things I intend to do in medium term development, and can
do a
bit of integration work. However I am not motivated to do major work
on exim
at present, unless I get a job that requires that of me...

I am prepared to put in some time (where available) on infrastructure
support.

In general I do not currently see a major code writer/integrator on
the exim
team. I would love to see one start - although I think we do need a
consensus
on what needs doing now that this has changed from a one man project.

Hope this helps a bit....

    Nigel.