Re: [exim] Delivering Mail and 2 different Locations

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Delivering Mail and 2 different Locations
Gaurav Pruthi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m using exim with mysql. I want exim to deliver mail to 2 different
> locations. How this can be done? My only concern is that in case 1st
> location goes offline, i can switch to another location with minute changes
> in mysql (changing the path only to deliver the mail). I have 2 SANs. One is
> where the actual mail is being delivered. I want to keep a live backup of
> 1st to 2nd with the same structure so that in case of any mishappening, the
> downtime is equal to negligible.

Use a duplicate pair of routers/transports with the same conditions and
make the first one "unseen".
The specific details would depend on you configuration so you're best to
check out your config and read the manual around ..

How Exim receives and delivers mail
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch03.html

The unseen router condition
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html#id2652212

Apparently this method is called a shadow transport.

There is also the system filter method, but this is out dated.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html