Re: [exim] Open Relay - Exim 4.67 + Spamd

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Lincon Peretto
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Open Relay - Exim 4.67 + Spamd
On Nov 29, 2007 6:24 PM, Lincon Peretto <linconperetto@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having no end of trouble trying to get Exim 4.67 + Spamd to not
> act as an open mail relay on FreeBSD. I have set this options:
>
> hostlist relay_from_hosts = /usr/local/etc/exim/relay_from_hosts
>
> In the file relay_from_hosts, I put the IP 127.0.0.1 and my range IP
> 192.168.1.0/24
>
> acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_check_rcpt
>
> And my ACL acl_smtp_rcpt is configured by this form:
>
> acl_check_rcpt:
> accept  hosts = :
> deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
> accept  local_parts   = postmaster
> domains       = +local_domains
> accept  domains       = +local_domains
>         endpass
>         verify        = recipient

> Because this I'm having problems with hotmail and Sorbs.... if someone
> could help, I am thankful...

The last time I checked, the default configure file that comes with
Exim does NOT allow open relaying.
Just modify it, changing only the lines you believe you understand at
the moment (relay_from_hosts and local_domains should suffice), and
primary_hostname (I think) and run Exim with it. It should work.
BTW, Exim 4.68 has been in the FreeBSD ports for ages, so you should
upgrade your system.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,