Re: [exim] Exim ACL bypass

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim ACL bypass
sal983 wrote:
> Hai All,

*snip*

> Let me come to my question. If the the sender is is in my
> "whiltelist_domains",How can bypass both "check_mime" and "check_message".
> As you all know, "end pass" is bypasing one acl section instaead of entire
> ACL.

We do it by setting an acl_c(n) variable to an integer during the 'connect
phase' - optionally incrementing or over-writing it as we go, then transfer the
value to an acl_m(n) variable on entering the (pre)data phases(s).

The value may be set to specific levels for auth'ed MUA users, arrival port or
protocol, approved relay hosts - White/Black list hits - whatever you need,
and/or incremented where more than one case applies.

This let you selectively trigger or skip individual acl clauses based on the
value as well as/intead of triggering an 'endpass', and at selective places
which may differ for each smtp phase or even recipient.

As one var can do the lot, the 'cost' is as little as one acl_c and one acl_m
variable used.

Being paranoid, we also manually init to type integer numerical and value zero
before we start, as until used otherwise, these variables may hold strings as
easily as numbers.

HTH,

Bill