Re: [exim] Callout cache life

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Dla: John Robinson, Exim Users
Temat: Re: [exim] Callout cache life

--On 28 November 2007 13:32:58 +0000 John Robinson
<john.robinson@???> wrote:

> Just trying to get my head around callout caching. I'm happy with the
> 24-hour cache life default for sender verification calls-back - which I
> do sparingly as a last resort - but for recipient verification
> calls-forward, I'd like to make the positive cache last longer, at least
> 72 hours (so I can accept and queue for office servers that go down over
> the weekend rather than deferring).
>
> Can callout_positive_expire take an expansion (the spec seems to say it
> takes a time not a string, but perhaps I ought to just try it myself)

"Those options that undergo string expansion before use are marked with †
(a cross). "

callout_positive_expire isn't marked with a cross.

It would be nice if it could be overwritten in an ACL, but I don't think it
can. On the other hand, a 72 hour positive expire probably wouldn't do too
much harm for sender verification. It would mean that spammers can use a
recently expired sender address for 72 hours instead of 24.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex