Re: [exim] SMTP data timeout problems...

Góra strony
Autor: John Robinson
Dla: Jarom Hatch
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] SMTP data timeout problems...
On 27/11/2007 23:35, Jarom Hatch wrote:
[...]
> The documentation I found said that it is likely an MTU
> problem with my router (I am on an ADSL line). It said to try reducing
> the MTU from the default (1492) to something like 1300.

Try increasing it to 1500, on the ADSL modem if there's a setting there
for it as well as on the router. Make sure you note down the previous
settings and do it from inside your network, because if it doesn't work
it may completely break your ADSL connection[1]. Even if it appears to
work, it may not - have a look at http://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php
or other to see what MTU you actually have.

Cheers,

John.

[1] Because if your PPPoATM or whatever can't negotiate the higher MTU,
it may consider the link failed, though it shouldn't.