Re: [pcre-dev] building 7.4 with Visual Studio 8

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] building 7.4 with Visual Studio 8
David Byron wrote:
> I just downloaded
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.4.tar.gz and
> tried to fire it up in a way that maybe other folks have tried -- using the
> Microsoft native command line tools in a cygwin shell.
>
> I've used a modified version of cccl (http://cccl.sourceforge.net/) on other
> projects so I figured I would give it a shot here. It's a script that
> translates gcc/g++ invocations into invocations of the appropriate Microsoft
> command line tools.
>
> In any case, I built pcre like this:
>
> $ mkdir build
> $ cd build
> $ ../configure CC=cccl CXX=cccl CPPFLAGS=-DPCRE_STATIC CXXFLAGS=/EHsc
> --enable-shared=no --enable-newline-is-anycrlf --enable-bsr-anycrlf
> --enable-unicode-properties
> $ make
> $ make install
>
> I ran into some compiler errors in pcregrep.c. I've attached a patch to fix
> them. With the patch, all the testdata/testinput files work with pcretest
> except testinput2 -- I didn't play with the stack size.
>
> >From here, the only other strangeness is that I get lots of
>
> cygpath: can't convert empty path
>
> messages this line in libtool:
>
> fix_srcfile_path="`cygpath -w "$srcfile"`"
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Should I be asking on the libtool list? It
> doesn't seem to do any harm, but it seems like it should disappear.
>
> Thanks for the sweet software and for your help.
>
> -DB

Can't help with the cygwin stuff but --

You could try adding --disable-stack-for-recursion and rechecking the
failed test. I know Philip says using heap rather than stack is slower,
but I find the performance to be perfectly respectable and it avoids the
issue of stack overflows.

You need --enable-utf8 in addition to enable-unicode-properties before
unicode properties will work.

Did you try building with Cmake? Pretty straightforward, and creates the
solution file for VS8. See the file NON-UNIX USE in the distro.

You can get a Windows CHM of all the 7.4 documentation at:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/Contrib/pcre-7.4.chm

Regards,
Sheri