[pcre-dev] building 7.4 with Visual Studio 8

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: David Byron
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev
Αντικείμενο: [pcre-dev] building 7.4 with Visual Studio 8
I just downloaded
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.4.tar.gz and
tried to fire it up in a way that maybe other folks have tried -- using the
Microsoft native command line tools in a cygwin shell.

I've used a modified version of cccl (http://cccl.sourceforge.net/) on other
projects so I figured I would give it a shot here. It's a script that
translates gcc/g++ invocations into invocations of the appropriate Microsoft
command line tools.

In any case, I built pcre like this:

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ ../configure CC=cccl CXX=cccl CPPFLAGS=-DPCRE_STATIC CXXFLAGS=/EHsc
--enable-shared=no --enable-newline-is-anycrlf --enable-bsr-anycrlf
--enable-unicode-properties
$ make
$ make install

I ran into some compiler errors in pcregrep.c. I've attached a patch to fix
them. With the patch, all the testdata/testinput files work with pcretest
except testinput2 -- I didn't play with the stack size.

From here, the only other strangeness is that I get lots of

cygpath: can't convert empty path

messages this line in libtool:

fix_srcfile_path="`cygpath -w "$srcfile"`"

Has anyone seen this before? Should I be asking on the libtool list? It
doesn't seem to do any harm, but it seems like it should disappear.

Thanks for the sweet software and for your help.

-DB