Re: [exim] Lotus Domino and Exim

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Lotus Domino and Exim
JDavila@??? wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> My users are having a particular issue in sending e-mails to 1 particular
> verizon email address from Lotus Notes. The recipient never receives emails
> from our company. However if I send the Verizon recipient a email from the
> Exim Command line he does receive it. Any help with this will be much
> appreciate.
>
> BTW- The verizon email address can email inbound to our company with no
> problems.
>
> -Jeremy

You'll need to 'capture' a full copy of the offending outbounds, then work with
the Lotus admin to fix this.

From a long-ago problem one of the world's top accounting firms was having,
(Exim not involved save that one of my 'heavily intrumented' R&D Exim's was a
recipient, and able to find it from log details) there are Lotus configuration
options that break RFC's badly enough to justify far-end rejection out-of-hand.

Your direct send would of course have none of these issues.

I don't recall what they were specifically, but once supplied with the evidence
the Lotus admin was able to change his config and eliminate the problem entirely.

I don't think Exim could otherwise have easily 'repaired' their faux pas for them.

HTH,

Bill Hacker