Re: [exim] LDAP-based relay control

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Steve Muchai
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LDAP-based relay control
On 11/24/07, Steve Muchai <smuchai@???> wrote:
> I have a box running Exim-4.66, ClamAv, DSPAM and SpamAssassin placed
> in front of a mail server running Scalix. I'm trying to configure Exim
> to do look up whether a user mailbox exists on Scalix via LDAP.
> I currently don't have access to the box, so I can't post my
> ldap_relay router, but I'd like ideas from anyone who's implemented
> this before.
>
> Regards,
> Steve
>Hi Steve,

Besides the need to know the schema implemented in the Scalix, you
need to get credentials that will allow Exim to bind to the LDAP
component of Scalix. I am not an LDAP expert at all, but I am
wondering whether Scalix uses OpenLDAP backend or some proprietary
LDAP implementation.
What you intend to do has been implemented at setups using
"Exim+Exchange+Active Directory", keywords which you may use to google
further for clues.

e.g. http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20040819.104458.7e0bc19c.html
http://wiki.exim.org/MsExchangeAddressVerification

--