Re: [exim] Migrating from qmail need a transport that delive…

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Migrating from qmail need a transport that delivers once and doesn't bounce on permanent failure
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Matt wrote:

| but these old servers also reject the mail at smtp time and
| so exim then sends a bounce. I need to tell exim to perform the
| delivery but discard any bounce.

If I'm reading this right, you want exim (which fakerejects incoming spam)
to deliver to another box (which also fakerejects incoming spam, but via
some other software, not exim).

I don't think you can prevent exim generating the bounce. But you can
probably configure it to eat such bounces.

Presumably you have (or can have) a router that delivers to the old
quarantine server. This router could set "errors_to" to some email
address you create which as an alias for /dev/null.