Re: [exim] Transparently faked domains

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Transparently faked domains
On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 12:29:27PM +0100, Marcin Krol wrote:
> by da2.domeny.com with esmtp (Exim 4.67)
> (envelope-from <s.wyczawski@???>)
>
> Obviously, envelope-from address is faked.

Why do say it is obvious? It's not obvious to me.

> (snip algorithm to compare reverse DNS to sender's domain name)
>
> Could this work? Pros? Cons?

You might find some mileage in decreasing the spam score of the RDNS does
match the MAIL FROM domain (for fuzzy, hand-waving definition of "match").
Try it and see what works for you.

IIRC this sort of idea has been discussed several times in this list already;
I'm sure if you search the archives you'll find the pros and cons put forward
on those occasions.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/