[exim] messages with Unknown users

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Oliver Howe
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] messages with Unknown users

I have this in my acl_check_rcpt section

  drop  message   = "Unknown user"
       condition = ${lookup{${lc:$local_part@$domain}} dbm {/etc/mail/users.db} {false}{true} }
       domains = +relay_to_domains

Which rejects messages that are directed to users that do not exist on my system.

However if a message is sent to such an "Unknown User" with a BCC or CC to a legitimate
user (eg to fred@??? doesnt exist, and cc to wilma@??? does exist) then the legitimate user still receives the message, which is what I want.

But

If messagelabs.com are sending me a message to several of my users, as soon as they get a "Unknown User" rejection then they drop the connection and dont try to send the message to my legitimate users.

is there something wrong with my acl? should I change it? or is it messagelabs?

thanks,

Oliver

--

Oliver Howe
Senior Systems Administrator

Tel: +44 (0) 79 7420 6484
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7664 7878

Spider Networks - the power behind interactive web communications - www.spider-networks.net

--
Confidentiality Notice: This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender IMMEDIATELY; you should not copy the email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. General Statement: Any statements made, or intentions expressed in this communication, may not necessarily reflect the view of Spider Networks, that no content herein may be held binding upon Spider Networks or any associate or any associated company unless confirmed by the issuance of a formal contractual document or purchase order.