Re: [exim] exim and cyrus disagree about mail-from-syntax

Author: Patrick von der Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim and cyrus disagree about mail-from-syntax

Am Freitag, den 16.11.2007, 16:15 +0100 schrieb Patrick von der Hagen:
> Hi all,
>
> I realised that lately messages arrive which cause unnessessary bounces
> because they are accepted by exim and rejected by cyrus.

I should have mentioned that I'm running exim 4.63. Any ideas how to
have exim reject those messages? Since I do a callout to cyrus during
recipient-verification to catch over-quota-situations, I guess I could
just do "require verify = recipient/callout=use_sender" to catch this
issue, but perhaps there is an exim-option for tighter sender-checking
that I missed so far?

--
CU,
    Patrick.