Re: [exim] re move recipient address from envelope?

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] re move recipient address from envelope?
antip wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a possibility to completely remove recipients from the envelope?
> I tried the rewrite mechanism, but as the name says it can only rewrite.
>

> complete view:
> I'm using a multidrop mailbox for my company. All mails are pop3-fetched
> using getmail4 and forwarded to exim, which then scans for spam using
> amavisd and forwards to an MS-Exchange server.
> The problem is, my isp does only save _one_ "Envelope-To" address in each
> mail, whereby only one user gets the mail if there are multiple recipients
> in my company.

That sounds as if you have only ONE account with the ISP among the 'company'
adressees that the ISP recognizes as a subscriber.

If so, it would be normal that only that addressee appear in 'envelope to'.

Ergo, anything short of subscribing the rest of the accounts to the ISP will
remain a bit of a kludge.

> For that reason getmail delivers the mails using "exim -bm
> -t". The -t option makes exim to use the TO and CC headers as envelope-TO.
> This actually works, but of course, the TO CC BCC fields not only contain
> valid addresses for my company. I want exim to remove all of these.
>
> thx for reading

I'm not sure why you don't just have Exim handle all the mail and be done with
it, as it can do a better job with less effort .. but never mind ..

Sounds as if you need TWO Exim instances. One takes the 'raw' input from
getmail, expands the To: and CC:, fowards to the second instance.

The second instance, set to 'require verify = recipient' rejects those that do
not belong to your firm.

No stripping or re-writing needed.

But you would also need errors_to = /dev/null (or yourself) on (at least) the
'up front' Exim if not both, so as to prevent backscatter non-delivery bounces
for the 'To: and 'CC: that were never intended to be yours.

For receiving, it should be simpler to change a DNS entry, cut out the ISP, and
JFDI with one Exim, even if relaying to Exchange.

*Sending* (presuming you have no PTR RR) is where you need the ISP's help.

YMMV

Bill