Re: [exim] Should MX offer TLS ?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Finch
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: W B Hacker
Kopio: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Should MX offer TLS ?
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, W B Hacker wrote:

> Spealing of which - TLS for submisson, TLS for POP/IMAP, and TLS for MX - MX
> does give nearly end-to-end protection between/among corporate servers.

Yes, though you'd want to use client and server certificate verification
for the MTA-to-MTA links, which means you'd need a list of hosts that are
members of this secure federation to avoid interop problems. This seems to
me like a fairly obvious idea so I expect there are already companies
doing it - though I don't know of any.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
SHANNON: NORTHWESTERLY VEERING SOUTHERLY 3 OR 4, OCCASIONALLY 5. ROUGH