Re: [exim-dev] PCRE vunerability and Exim ?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] PCRE vunerability and Exim ?
This issue has taken much longer to resolve than I would like, but
unfortunately on a volunteer project you are subject to the vagaries
of time that people have available - and I'm currently rather heavily
loaded and I guess other people have been too.

The current state of CVS is that an update of PCRE to 7.4 has been
checked in. Other changes since 4.68 are either minor bug fixes or
should be restricted to special installations only (DKIM changes
require an experimental compile option). So other than an overall
version update the CVS tree should be releasable....

The reason I haven't moved to that is that I haven't been able to
properly test it at present. I have not previously had the exim test
rig running (lack of time again) and am having trouble getting that
into action.

I'll work on that as I can, but if other people could test the current
CVS copy - and even better push it through the test suite and report
back, that would be very useful.

    Nigel.