Re: [exim] Mail relaying

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: sal983, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Mail relaying

--On 13 November 2007 10:52:24 -0800 sal983 <afsal983@???> wrote:

> Hello Friends,
> Hope you are doing fine.
>
> We have three mail domains in our company test.com,test1.com and
> test2.com, hosted on groupwise server. As spaming is a big threat that we
> are facing now, we are planing to install a mail server gateway by using
> the well known and powerfull EXIM. ie All the incoming mails are
> relaying through the exim mail server( having public IP 217.217.217.217),
> then filtered using spam assassin,acls etc and then delivered to the
> groupwise mail server( having private ip 192.168.8.1) and viceversa. Let
> me give skelton my exim.conf so that you will get a clear picture.
>
> exim.conf
> ----------
>
> qualify_domain = test.com
>
> domainlist relay_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/relay_domains:localhost
> //where the file relay_domains contain
> test.com,test1.com,test2.com
>
> domainlist relay_to_domains =
>

># These options specify the Access Control Lists (ACLs) that
># are used for incoming SMTP messages - after the RCPT and DATA
># commands, respectively.
>

> acl_smtp_rcpt = check_recipient
> acl_smtp_mime = check_mime
> acl_smtp_data = check_message
>
>############# ACL################
>
> begin acl
> check_recipient:
>
> accept hosts = :
> deny local_parts = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
>
>   accept local_parts = postmaster
>          domains = +local_domains

>   accept domains = remote_domains +relay_to_domains
>          endpass
>          message = relay not permitted at this server
>          verify = recipient

How is remote_domains defined? This looks bad, since you should be
rejecting email destined for non-local domains here. Except, possibly, when
the sender is local and authenticated - but you might be doing that
somewhere else.

> accept hosts = +relay_from_hosts

You haven't defined relay_from_hosts either, but if this is merely an
inbound mail server, you should not need this.

> accept
>
> check_mime:
> -------
> --------
> check_message:
> ----
> -----
> deny message = This message was classified as SPAM
>      condition = ${if < {$message_size}{500K}}
>      spam = nobody

># put headers in all messages (no matter if spam or not)
> warn  spam = nobody:true
>       add_header = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
>       add_header = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report

># add second subject line with *SPAM* marker when message
># is over threshold
># warn  spam = nobody
>       add_header = Subject: *SPAM* $h_Subject:

This warn line should not be commented out.

My view is that marking subject lines is a bad idea. If you aren't sure
about a message, let the user decide.

># reject spam at high scores (> 12)
> deny  message = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
>      spam = nobody:true
>       condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{120}{1}{0}}

Below, you ask about storing these messages. You can't, because you've
rejected the message. If it's a false positive, you can expect the sender
to try some other contact method.