[exim] Re write Return-Path: and From:

Author: build
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re write Return-Path: and From:

G'day All,
My first post so I'd like to thank to the folk who provide this forum/list.

How do I change this in exim4 - debian etch?

Mail header reads:
From: root <root@???>

If I use this:
:~# exim4 -f admin user@???
at the prompt I get the result I'm after bit I'd prefer to do this or
similar on all emails including system generated.

my googling has turned up a couple of possabilities.
An article refers vaguely to "In & Out Filters" the out filter might work
but how/where is it?

Also:

> Near the end of /etc/exim/exim.conf
> *host.domain \
> "${if eq {${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/passwd}{1}{0}}} {1} \
> {$0}{$1@domain}}" frFs
> This rewrites all addresses matching *@host1.domain

That looks like the ticket but will it it work in exim4 and what is the
syntax of the code? (looks scary)

Also I found transport-filters but they use perl and after a quick look at
perl this problem does not warrant the learning curve. Unless some kind soul
would offer their perl expertise?
Thanking you in anticipation,
build