[exim] newbie questions about exim

Góra strony
Autor: Eric A. Hall
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] newbie questions about exim

Hi,

I'm looking to move my mail server to Exim and have a couple of questions.
I've installed the kit that came with openSuse 10.3 and it seems to be
working with spamd and cyrus to a basic level--enough to get mail tested
and delivered, but I haven't gone beyond that yet. I've also read through
some of the massive documentation but not nearly all of it.

I want to add a list of spamassassin rules to the message header, but this
does not seem to be provided by the default set of variables. The closest
I can get with those is a full report, which I do not want. I am able to
get the score header added, but I also need to get rules header so that I
can do additional tests.

Separate but related from that, is it possible to defer accepting a
message based on the rules that were fired? For example, in my current
setup with Postfix I will look to see if a message is from a whitelisted
source, and shortcut additional processing if so. If not, I will look to
see if a specific rule has fired (binary attachment, zero-length text
part, etc) and will reject the message if one of those conditions apply. I
also want to DEFER delivery (4xx reject) based on whether other rules have
fired, but cannot do that in postfix (header checks don't support DEFER),
and would like to do it in Exim if possible. I need to get the rules in
the headers first but assuming that is doable is this stuff possible?

Thanks!