Re: [exim] How to defer (ie deliberately delay) delivery

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Odhiambo Washington
To: Ted Cooper
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] How to defer (ie deliberately delay) delivery
On Nov 13, 2007 1:08 AM, Ted Cooper <eximX1211@???> wrote:
> Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 2007 8:23 PM, <owen@???> wrote:
> >> For the record, the solution I came up with was as follows:
> [snip]
> > Having relied on
> > (http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Configuration_cookbook/Q9807 as the
> [snip]
> > In my situation, since Exim runs with "-bd -q30m", I am thinking I
> > need to craft a special retry rule. However, I must admit I am not
> > sure what form the rule should take, but I do believe that running
> > Exim with "-bd -q15m" perhaps eliminates the need for crafting a
> > special retry rule.
>
> Have you considered doing something insane like using the "queue_only"
> control and then simply not running a queue runner? Instead use a script
> that is run once a minute to scan the exim mail queue (exim -bp) and
> only deliver messages (exim -M <message-id>) if they're over 10m old?
> So long you don't have a huge mail queue it might work. Never tried it,
> but it might give you that 10m buffer or whatever buffer you want
> without having to deal with retry rules.
> It has some issues .. you would have to implement your own retry db for
> all the message that didn't make it on the first queue run to stop it
> from trying to send the message every minute thereafter :P Hmm... maybe
> retry rules are the way to go there too as exim wont actually attempt a
> delivery after the first one until it's up for a real retry as per the
> rules.
> I really shouldn't post first thing in the morning .. too many weird ideas.
>
> Ted

Yes, you really should have given this a good thought first:-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

                        --from a /. post