Re: [exim] Load Balancing (2) Exim servers

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Load Balancing (2) Exim servers
JDavila@??? wrote:
> How can I load balance (2) Exim servers for Inbound and OutBound
> Deliveries. Any info will be much appreciated.

Except for roundrobin DNS this is not that easy to setup. But if you're
willing to use a 3rd party spamfilter like Postini you get the ability
to do load balancing of 2 or more smtp servers. Either with or without
failover smtp (which can also be multiple independently load balanced
servers, what's in a name ;-). It's quite easy to setup and rather
flexible. I'm using it here to have a failover smtp server to the main
server. And unlike the usual failover in mx records, where spammers
specifically target the lowest priority mx record (often being a fail
over, or backup), this will not be abused by spammers (yet?).

Regards,
Jeroen