Re: [exim] Should MX offer TLS ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Richard Clayton
Para: Bryan Rawlins
CC: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] Should MX offer TLS ?
In message <47333B13.7070401@???>, Bryan Rawlins <bryan.rawl
ins@???> writes

>Total:
>122383 Spam
>32594 Ham
>
>No TLS/SSL:
>122383 Spam
>27057 Ham
>
>TLS/SSL:
>1064 Spam
>5537 Ham
>
>My $0.02, It appears to be a useful as an indicator to influence an
>overall score (eg. spammassassin), but as with many other things it
>doesn't appear to be good for making an absolute decision based on just
>this information.

I suspect you are mainly measuring the performance of filters (or of
mitigation of compromised hosts) at other ISP's sites.

viz: the email doesn't originate at the machine that is using TLS, but
one hop further back.

>sslv3:aes256-sha:256
>23 Spam
>39 Ham

hence the variation between the ciphers, you're now picking out very
small numbers of senders and measuring their performance at not sending
you spam from their customers.

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin