Re: [exim] Is a secondary MX worth the effort?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Patrick von der Hagen
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Is a secondary MX worth the effort?

Am Donnerstag, den 08.11.2007, 12:18 -0500 schrieb Ken Price:
[...]
> > Short summary:
> > no.
> > --
>
> Is that your final answer? :-)

Yes.

Of course there are situations where the answer might be different, but
that seems to be quite unlikely in your case....

More precisely: I told you to calculate your cost in running a secondary
MX offsite and to correlate it to your individual situation. Consider
all service-level-agreements with your customers, possible legal
requirements, etc. Find out wheter or not your business can survive
without a secondary MX. If not: a secondary MX is worth the effort.
If it can survive and there is some sort of loss you might have, then
compare the exstimated cost of running a secondary MX with the cost of a
major breakdown without secondary MX. If the breakdown is more expensive
than the secondary MX: do it. We can only guess, but you just have to
know.

But I suppose if you really really needed a secondary MX, you would
already know that and not ask wheter or not it is worth the effort. If
you have not found a compelling reason yet, I'm sure you are unlikely to
find one.

Sorry. ;-)
--
CU,