Re: [exim] Is a secondary MX worth the effort?

Top Pagina
Auteur: John W. Baxter
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Is a secondary MX worth the effort?
On 11/7/07 11:42 AM, "WJCarpenter" <bill-exim@???> wrote:

> I don't know if it's still true,
> but the mailer for Yahoo Groups used to immediately unsubscribe recipients if
> a single message was attempted for a failed
> primary (presumably they would try secondaries if they exist, but I don't
> know).

We learned about that Yahoo Groups habit very quickly when we first turned
up greylisting. They seem to have changed--they have been retrying
successfully for a couple of years when a new host (or subnet, usually) of
theirs starts running into greylisting.

But that doesn't mean that no server is brain dead, only that Yahoo Groups
no longer seems to be.

--John