Re: [exim] Blocking Users with No Reverse DNS

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Bowyer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Blocking Users with No Reverse DNS
On 06/11/2007, Dave Evans <exim-users-20070913@???> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 09:48:21AM -0600, Matt wrote:
> > Also, I heard some block IP addresses that look dynamic such as
> > 127.0.0.1.myisp.com. How is that done?
>
> Personally I do that with some Perl code, but I'd be interested to hear how
> other people do it (read: if nobody offers an elegant way of doing it, I'll be
> happier about sharing my inelegant code :-)

1. There are several DNSBLs which list IPs which are self-declared (by
the ISP) as 'user space, shouldn't be emailing) - eg Spamhaus's PBL -
this isn't exactly what the OP asked for, but might be what he
actually wants;

2. Dynastop (http://tanaya.net/DynaStop/) does the pattern-matching
thing on steroids.

Peter