Re: [exim] mx backup and unwanted bounces

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Keith Edmunds
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] mx backup and unwanted bounces
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:30:45 +0100, gerardi@??? said:

> So far its ok, but now exim on the backup mx server generates a bounce
> message to the original sender of the message.
>
> any suggestions how I can stop the backup mailserver from bouncing 550
> errors ?

It's probably the master MX that is generating the bounce, but anyway: one
way you can do this is to replicate the user database (in some form) to
the backup MX server, and check the validity of the destination username.
We have a script that runs on the backup MX server and collates the valid
recipients from the master and stores them in a local file. An ACL on the
backup MX server checks against this file before accepting mail.

hth,
Keith

--
Keith Edmunds

Tiger Computing is looking for a Linux Support Consultant - see
http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk/page?27