Re: [exim] Debian packages for Exim

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Renaud Allard
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Luca Bertoncello
Kopio: Exim-Users ML
Aihe: Re: [exim] Debian packages for Exim

Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Hi, list!
>
> I want to install Exim on a Debian server.
> Unfortunately, Debian uses a (relatively!) old version of Exim, an I can't
> use some features...
>
> I don't want to compile Exim on this Server, if it is possible, so I'm
> looking for a repository with the last version of Exim as Debian package.
>
> Does this repository exist? Can someone suggest me one?

Honestly, as you know how to compile exim and you are not a beginner
anymore. I think the safest move is to compile it, this way, you can
choose which options to activate and you can compile it with openssl
instead of gnutls. All debian servers I manage have hand compiled exim,
not the package. If you want a fake package to make debian think you
have an packaged MTA, I can provide you one.