Re: [exim] Exim dropping NDR - Non Delivery Receipts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: ikearns
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim dropping NDR - Non Delivery Receipts

Hi Ian

Ultimately we have a platform that accepts mail from users on our IP
allocation and also for domains of our users. This mail is then scored
depending on the likelihood of it being SPAM. A central filtering platform
will then take out mail that breaches this threshold. This accounts for
taking out about 80% SPAM. This mail is then black holed.

However any mail that does get through that is destined for a resolvable
email address will then be delivered to the back end server(s) via and Exim
box running manualroutes. Should this message be undeliverable (through the
mailbox not existing) then this is sent back to the sender. I believe this
is common practise and as describes, required as a NDR.

As our off-network mail is delivered from a small cluster of servers we keep
finding that these servers are listed on the likes of SpamCop which then
disrupts delivery of legitimate mail to our users.

We are looking at putting in a new anti-spam application shortly but in the
meantime we need to try and filter out what are legitimate NDR's and which
are bounced SPAM messages