Re: [exim] wait-remote_smtp.pag & retry.pag getting VERY lar…

Author: Shine, Gary
To: 'Nigel Metheringham'
CC: 'exim users'
Subject: Re: [exim] wait-remote_smtp.pag & retry.pag getting VERY large,
-rw-r----- 1 exim exim 357276672 Nov 1 12:11 retry.pag
-rw-r-----   1 exim     exim       40960 Nov  1 09:09 wait-remote_smtp.dir
-rw-r-----   1 exim     exim           0 Jan 22  2007
wait-remote_smtp.lockfile
-rw-r-----   1 exim     exim     308346880 Nov  1 12:10 wait-remote_smtp.pag

Large???

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Metheringham [mailto:nigel.metheringham@dev.intechnology.co.uk]
Sent: 01 November 2007 05:12
To: gshine@???
Cc: 'exim users'

On 1 Nov 2007, at 03:12, Shine, Gary wrote:

> This file is growing and growing - How do I clear it down along with
> retry.pag

Its probably not as large as you think - db files tend to be sparse.

The most effective method to make it physically smaller is to delete it -
they are hints files, so losing them occasionally will make very little
difference.

Regular maintenance (removal of old data - which may not physically reduce
the file size) can be done with exim_tidydb - see
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch50.html#SECThinda
tmai

    Nigel.

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Netlink Solutions MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.netlink.info