Re: [exim] Authentication

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dave Evans
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Authentication
On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 03:26:13PM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
> 1. Clients connecting on 25 unauthenticated can send email only to the
> local domains.
>
> 2. Clients requesting relaying must connect encrypted and authenticate.
>
> 3. Clients requesting relaying unencrypted are rejected.

Pretty standard...

> I have TLS working so encryption is there but I can't get the
> authentication to go.

So it sounds like once you've got the authentication working, your relaying
will be fine too.

However, I think we could do with some more information...

What sort of authentication do you want? What does your "authentication"
config section look like? What sort of failure are you experiencing - does
the server not offer the authentication, or does the server reject the
client's credentials? What do the logs show? Have you tried running with
debugging enabled (exim -d)? What does the debug output look like?

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/